Saturday, July 5, 2014

Tracy "I am proof Canadians are tortured."


Dear Tracy, 

I was tortured. A family man and engineer from
Canada, I suffered horrific and painful punishment for months on end. Alone in my cell, betrayed by my government, I didn’t know if I’d ever get home. 

Today I am free to tell my story, but others are not.


My torture happened, but I am where I am today with the help of Amnesty International members, people like you. Please sign Amnesty International’s pledge to add your voice to our collective call:

Stop Torture. Everywhere. Forever.  

Takethepledge.png

 

Watch this video to hear my story and those of other Canadians who have faced torture. We all have shocking stories to tell.
You can make a difference, the torture of others can be stopped 
through your help as an Amnesty International Canada member 
and activist. You can help end the pain and suffering of people 
who are being tortured like I was.

Yours in solidarity,


Abdullah Almalki


P.S. Right now people are being tortured. Despite the global ban signed 27 years ago today on June 26, 1987, Amnesty's investigations have revealed more than 141 countries allowed or sanctioned the use of torture in the past five years. Please sign the pledge to Stop Torture

No comments: