Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Oliver Square/ Scattered Snapshots blog



Jul. 6 Oliver Square: I went to the Staples there a few times in the past 3 months to recycle pens and batteries.  On Jun. 18, 2014, I decided to explore a bit more.

  1. Staples
  2. Optimum Health Vitamins- it sells natural organic makeup, body lotion, vitamins, and food.
  3. Post Office- they sell some cards, coins, bags, and shirts.
  4. Best Buds flower company- they sell flowers, vases, stuffed animals, cards.
  5. London Drugs- a big store.  Electronics, makeup, stationary, cards, and books. 
I then went to Audrey’s book store in downtown.  They sold “Living Sands.”  It’s like sand and cookie dough.  Fun to play with.  It doesn’t get stuck on your hands.  They also sold Einstein and Sigmund fruit nut bars.

Jul. 13 MacEwan:

  1. I went to MacEwan University on Jun. 4, 2014.  I checked out the bookstore and it sold stationary, clothes, and books.
  2. Chinz and Compnay- I saw the outside of the store that’s by MacEwan.  It looks really nice, expensive, upscale furniture and fake flowers.
  3. THIS Place- it sells Asian food.  It looks and delicious.  They sell curry and salad rolls.
Art Works Festival: I went to this festival on the first week of Jul.  It was a cloudy day and kind of raining a bit.  There were some art and jewelry to look at.  There was a psychic there, but you have to pay $40 for a 15 min. reading.  I would rather have the $1/ min reading.  So I didn’t get a reading. 

Street Performer’s Festival: I went to this one on Jul. 5, 2014.  There was lots of fast food.  They sold jewelry, bags, and art.

Farmer’s Market: I also went to this one on Jul. 5, 2014.  It’s on 104 street.  They sold jewelry, clothes, and bags.  There was lots of fruit, vegetables, hummus, and bread.  There was lots of art works like gnomes and prints.

City Centre mall: I was looking through my old City Centre mall pamphlet from 2008.  There used to be a store called Roberge Fine Jewelry, and now there isn’t.

Mayfair Shoes has closed down.  Grand and Toy closed down, and is replaced with Fun Emporium.  Fun Emporium used to be called bfc Emporium and it was on the 3rd floor.

West Ed mall: Coast Mountain Sports has been replaced by Boathouse warehouse.  They sell clothes.  STREET clothing store closed down and is replaced by the Children’s Place.  There is still STREET in Southgate mall.  Miss Sixty/ Energie seems to have closed down.

On May 20, 2014, I was there.

  1. Simons- It’s a really good and nice store.  There’s lots of bright lighting and music.  Good atmosphere and products.
  2. Miss Sixty/ Energie- it was very expensive.
  3. Doc Martens- I liked the red leather antique looking chairs.
  4. CAMPER- expensive shoes.  All the shoes are on a table, and benches on the side.  There are red brick walls.
  5. G- Star Raw- men’s clothing store.  A little women’s section.
  6. Buffalo.
  7. Opulence- men’s clothing store.  A small women’s and kid’s section.
  8. High Grade- 50% off sale and most items are still over $100.
  9. Scotch and Soda- I do like the name.  The store is nice, but expensive.
  10. Roots- lots of leather bags.
  11. Bed Bath and Beyond- there was this really nice LED Lighted Blossom Tree.  It’s a tree, and the blossoms are lights.
  12. Sport Chek- sells women’s dresses with athletic clothes.
On Jul. 8, 2014, I went to WEM with a friend. 

  1. Jacob- the store is closing down so I wanted to check it out.
  2. H&M- I checked it out to see their new furniture line.  It’s like Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie where they sell clothes and furniture.
When we left, she drove by the new Hooters restaurant since they moved out of WEM.

Then my friend drove us to Stony Plain Road. 

  1. Dollar Store- we checked out this store.
  2. Dollar Tree- then we checked out this store.  I take the bus by here all the time, but I never really went into the stores.
We did bump into a woman who used to work as a waitress back in the restaurant in 2012.  It was nice to see her.

124 street: Then I showed my friend 124 street.  I told her it was by Stony Plain Road, but she said it seems to be more on Jasper.  Well 124 street is right between Stony Plain Road and Jasper.

  1. Prettiest Present- this is a really nice store that took over where Tin Box used to be.  They sold jewelry, stationary, art, dishware, little gifts, etc.
  2. Harlow- It’s a nice store with some art work.
  3. Henry’s Purveyor of Things- This is a good furniture store with lots of home décor items.
  4. Head Shoulders Knees and Toes- this sells lots of kids clothes and toys.
Jul. 14 Scattered Snapshots blog: I was checking out other blogs and I found this one.  The last post was on Nov. 2009.  It’s written by MsLara:

“Which brings me to the strange facebook/twitter-phenomenon.
Disclaimer: Yes, I also have a FB account and it is somewhat useful. I like seeing pictures of my friends and sending short messages instead of lengthy emails (which I tend to send very, very infrequently anyway - another source of guilt...).
Nevertheless, I have a hard time understanding why so many people need to update the world at large about the state of their little lives. Who cares about your latest meal, shopping trip, bowel movement? - Yea, OK, maybe somebody does, and I should just ignore the mundane updates and unclench. Probably true. And most days I don't care or mind anyway.”


I have a question: Do you guys like reading about my shopping trips?  I don’t know what your opinions are until you tell me.  There are some things I can guess like the Summer Heights High joke on my blog.  I forewarn you, it’s offensive:

A guy draws a picture of his dad touching his privates.  The teacher and guidance counselor talk to the guy and his dad.

Teacher: Does your dad touch you?
Guy: No, my dad doesn’t touch me.  I just didn’t want to go to English class, so I drew this picture so I would have to talk to you guys than go to class.

The teacher and guidance counselor are shocked that a kid would go this far to get out of English class by falsely accusing someone of touching him.


I remember asking my friends Jessica and Angela about it, and they both didn’t find it funny.  I predicted they wouldn’t.  However, I didn’t know that Michelle, Sherry, and Leslie are supportive of Rob Ford.  Nobody really emails me back.

Jul. 18 Pentel: I see my blue Pentel calculator stopped working.  There aren’t any batteries to put in it.  You need to unscrew it to get in it.  I remember we had this since late 90s.  I’ll give it points it lasted this long.  I went to the website to see if Pentel still exists.  It turns out they do.  I looked to see if they had calculators, but they don’t.  All they have are pens and writing instruments.


Aug. 5: My birthday is next week Aug. 11.  Last year I went to West Ed mall all day shopping, and then I went out to dinner with my family at a Chinese restaurant.  I will probably go to West Ed mall and go shopping the whole day too. 

I like shopping.  I haven’t been to Kingsway Garden mall since 2012, and Southgate mall since 2013.  West Ed mall is so big, so I can spend hours there.

No comments: