Monday, September 1, 2014

Japan’s Beethoven/ showers on buses/ MH17 plane crash

Aug. 4 Japan’s Beethoven: I cut out this Edmonton Journal article on Mar. 8, 2014 “Japan's Beethoven; apologizes for fakery.”

The man once lauded as Japan's Beethoven bowed repeatedly and apologized Friday at his first media appearance since it was revealed last month his famed musical compositions were ghostwritten and he wasn't completely deaf.

Mamoru Samuragochi appeared clean-shaven and minus his trademark sunglasses and long hair, in what could be seen as a sign of remorse. "I will speak the truth," he told reporters. "I will make this my last appearance on TV."

He acknowledged he had worked with collaborator Takashi Niigaki in secret for 18 years. Niigaki recently told a tabloid magazine he was the ghostwriter behind the works, including the Hiroshima symphony. Samuragochi, 50, said his hearing has been recovering from about three years ago, but denied he was posturing as deaf. Olympic figure-skater Daisuke Takahashi used a Samuragochi tune at the Sochi games.

My opinion: The truth will come out.  It’s like the New Republic writer Stephen Glass who made up most of his stories and they were all printed as fact.  You can check out the movie based on it called Shattered Glass.



Ice hotel: I was reading in the Edmonton Journal “Ice hotel needs fire alarm.”  I looked it up on the internet and didn’t find the exact article.  However, there is one article on a Swedish website:

“The Ice Hotel, which is rebuilt every year in northern Sweden out of enormous chunks of ice from the Torne River in Jukkasjärvi, Kiruna, will this year come equipped with fire alarms - and the irony isn't lost on the staff.”

My opinion: In the Journal article, it says to stay at the hotel, it has to be -8 C.  I thought to not go to that hotel because I can get that weather in Edmonton.  If it’s too hot here, you can imagine yourself in an ice hotel room.


Aug. 12 Showers on buses: I found this on Yahoo news video, but it was taken down.  I did find the article where there are showers on buses in San Francisco for homeless people to use.  That’s an innovative idea.



Benches as shelters: I found this on Yahoo news.  It’s where homeless people sleep on a bench.  This kind of bench where you can pull out a board and there is a roof over the bench so you can sleep when it rains.

My opinion: This is some really good news to help homeless people.

MH17 plane crash: I was on Yahoo news “A haunting premonition: 'What will happen if the airplane crashes?' asks boy boarding MH17.  Here are some excerpts of the article:

In a bedroom in a townhouse near Amsterdam, Miguel Panduwinata reached out for his mother. "Mama, may I hug you?"

Samira Calehr wrapped her arms around her 11-year-old son, who'd been oddly agitated for days, peppering her with questions about death, about his soul, about God. The next morning, she would drop Miguel and his big brother Shaka at the airport so they could catch Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, the first leg of their journey to Bali to visit their grandmother.

At the check-in counter, Calehr fussed over her boys' luggage. Shaka, meanwhile, realized he'd forgotten to pack socks. Calehr promised to buy him some and send them along with Mika.

Finally, they were outside customs. The boys hugged Calehr goodbye and walked toward passport control.
Suddenly, Miguel whirled around and ran back, throwing his arms around his mother.
"Mama, I'm going to miss you," he said. "What will happen if the airplane crashes?"

What was this all about? she wondered.

"Don't say that," she said, squeezing him. "Everything will be OK."

She grapples now with the what-ifs, the astronomical odds, the realization that the world she knew has grown alien in a blink. She thinks about how her baby boy seemed to sense that his time on earth was running short. She imagines the futures that will never be: Shaka's dream of becoming a textile engineer, gone. Miguel's dream of becoming a go-kart race driver, gone.

How could he have known? How could she have known?
"I should have listened to him," she says softly. "I should have listened to him."

Yahoo comments:

1 users liked this comment 42 users disliked this comment

Jim Kaiser: Anxiety accompanies the majority of people who fly. When their is no crash, its not a "premonition" its just jitters and fear of crashing. When a plane goes down, that Anxiety is treated like a PREMONITION but really its just the same anxiety experienced by those who didn't crash.  We try to give great significance to an otherwise meaningless circumstances (not that loss of life means nothing, but people die everyday). Its not fortelling the future which is being romanticized here. Its about how we face our own mortality to events which stir our basic but strongest emotions.

5 users liked this comment 0 users disliked this comment

Anne: It is exactly a premonition or an intuitive knowledge from the other side.  Many are aware of an ending before their time.  Many people are told or communicated with to get their affairs in order or they are forewarned of something to come and I have seen it time and time again.  They know when they are going but some ignore or perhaps think that it was a dream or a thought.  We all have our own individual life clocks designed by our creator.  We do know there is a beginning or an end but we never know for sure how long we will have.

Those on the plane that landed in the river were not meant to go.  I think her boy knew his time was near.  Children have special roles in heaven and Jesus goes to them.  When Air France went down one woman missed her flight but the next week was killed in a car accident.  It is just harder to accept when you lose so many at one time. When my cousin died in my arms as a child, I was met with the communication but did not understand. 

Mine was not words but an apparition of Jesus two nights in a row.  The first night I was terrified with the vision appearance but the second night I found it soothing.  She collapsed on me around noon the next day.  She was just 13 years old and died of aneurism.  I know it was real as I had a psychic talk to me about my experience 30 years late 9Total stranger) saying they were aware but I had never told anyone.

The story is heartbreaking, he must have bad feelings. The mother did what we all do since 911, we all think and know it could happen because it already has but we hope for the best. I fly all the time with my daughter and we think about it but we can't live in fear. Life is about taking chances. I love to travel and will continue despite the risks. I feel for this child's parents especially the mother.  She taught her son to not live in fear, she was a good mother.

My opinion: That was a sad article.  I do agree with Jim’s opinion.  Lots of people get nervous before they get on a plane and the plane doesn’t crash.  Anne’s comment was spiritual and soothing to read.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/haunting-premonition-happen-airplane-crashes-asks-boy-boarding-072353607.html

No comments: