Tuesday, September 9, 2014

K-days (Part 2)/ Luz Visual Experience



Sept. 6 K-days (Part 2):

Relaxation island: They sell these ice pads or you can warm it up in the microwave, and put it on your neck and other body parts.  It can heal your head and neck pains.


Life- Strength wristbands:  Dr. Oz supports it.  It makes your balance strong.  First the sales guy got me to stand on one leg with arms out.  He puts pressure on my shoulders and I bend to one side.  Then I put on the bracelet and then he puts the same amount of pressure on my shoulders and I can stand fine.

Seacret Spa:  There’s one in West Ed mall.  I talked to the saleswoman Measha for 10 min.  She did a demonstration on my hands.  I asked if she’s been at K-days before and she says no.  I have talked to a woman who kind of looks like her at K-days at the Seacret Spa booth.

Psychics: Psychic Nadia was there.  I saw her once in 2009 at K-days.  It was the first time I saw a psychic.  I saw her again in 2012.  I have to say both readings were accurate in my personality, but not the future.

Psychic Vctoria was there.  That’s how you spell her name.  I saw her booth at the Arts Festival in Churchill Square.

Psychic Ana was there at K-days again.  I picked her brochure back in 2012, but I didn’t see her.

First Nations Exhibit: There were a lot of teepees. 

I got some free lemonade at the Northern AB Pioneers and Descendants Association.  It was a little cabin.  I was there in 2012. 

I saw a violin and guitar performance with some square dancing.

There were lots of booths selling jewelry and clothes.  There was some African home décor.  Henna stamp tattoos that last a week and permanent tattoos.

There are booths selling:

-kitchen utensils and pans
-cleaning items
-board games

Mini K-days parade: There was a little parade with YMCA song playing.  They were passing out beaded necklaces like at Mardi Gras.

Luz Visual Experience: This is probably the best part of the whole day.  I saw this laser light show.  It was cabaret Technologique.  It was 30min long.  I watched it at 5pm.

First it shows Jean-Sebastian Lepage playing with these lights.

Next it shows a young woman dancing with hula hoops.  At first it starts off with 1 hula hoop, then 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Then it has 2 guys juggling bowling pins and acrobatics.  The pins are glowing in the dark.

There is a part of 1 woman and 2 guys jumping on the trampolines and flipping.  They make it look so effortless.

It has Jean-Sebastian Lepage going on a virtual laser light show trip where he is running on top of buildings.

There was loud, dance and techno music during it.

Afterwards, a couple of the performers were hanging out on stage.

I went up to Jean- Sebastian.  I told him that I felt like I was watching a Vegas show.  I asked for his name and that’s when he told me.  I also asked for his website and here it is for the laser show:

“The Laser-Illusion Experience is a breath taking
performance that combines high technology with the
perfect art of illusion. With an original music that
brings a live special effect, you will be amaze by this
futuristic visual magic. Levitation, laser experience,
fantastic magical effect and much more create an
unforgettable unique experience!”


You should watch the videos of the performances.  Jean-Sebastian has short and spiky brown hair and he is the creator of the show.  Check out the video.  It’s like magic, fire, and fun and entertaining to watch.  I’m impressed: 



Here’s a little article about Jean-Sebastian and MysterAct.


Telus Wonders of the World: This is 35 min. long.  You can sit on the ground and look up at the movie.  It’s projected inside this dome.  I didn’t find it very interesting because it was like something I could see on the Discovery Channel with looking at all these landscapes.

Corn dog: I bought a little corn dog for $2.  I don’t believe I ever ate one before.  It’s a hot dog with deep fried dough around it.  It was average.

Mini-donuts: I remember eating this way back in 2000 when I went to K-days with Mary Ann, Mitchell, Angela, my brother, and Mitchell’s friend.  I don’t know the friend’s name.  I remember he was a white 13 yr old boy.  These donuts only have 2 flavors: powder and sugar flavor.  I didn’t eat it this year.  I prefer salty foods.

Talent search: I walked over and watch a 16 yr old ballet dancer perform on stage.  That was the last contestant in the talent search.  The judges then had to discuss who should win.  So during that, a 14 yr old boy named Josh who won last year for hip hop dancing, then performed.

There was a telephone booth.  He dances hip hop.  Then he enters into the telephone booth and comes out with the t-shirt of the Hulk.  He looks like he’s angry and dances.

He enters the booth and changes into the Batman t-shirt.  He dances and lip synch to the lyrics: “I’m totally Batman.”

He enters into the booth and comes out wearing a Wonder Woman shirt.  He runs away.

Lol.  Josh and this 14 yr old girl Faith are sitting on the couch and are watching a scary movie.  They start dancing.

Josh then does his solo to a song with the lyrics “Keep Your Head Up.”

Faith does a contemporary solo.  There was violin and then a little hip hop thrown into the music.

First Josh does dancing to “Fancy” by Iggy Izalea feat. Charli XCX.  Then Faith comes and does her dancing to the song.

The judges come out and the winner was like a guy and a girl.  I don’t know what their talent was.  Remember, I only got there as the last contestant was performing. 

After that, I watched the Luz Visual Experience again at 7:30pm.  Yeah, that’s how much I loved it.  Lol.  That’s the problem with live shows.  You pay money to see it and you can only like watch it once.  I knew I wasn’t going to go to K-days again after today, so I might as well watch it again.

I rather watch TV and movies so you can buy the dvd and watch it as many times as you want.  Or go on Youtube and show it to your friends and family.

Staycation: Overall K-days was a really fun experience.  I went there from 12:20pm-8:10pm.  It was like a staycation. 

I remember reading in articles about buying happiness.  Don’t buy things to make you happy, buy experiences. 

No comments: