Sunday, September 7, 2014

K-Days/ Tech Life/ shopping



Jul. 28 K- Days: Yesterday was Sun. and I worked the afternoon shift.  It was because one of the bussers was going to go to K-days with her husband and 3 kids.  This was the last day and the past 2 days were rainy so they didn’t go.  They have never been there before.  They immigrated here last year.  So I worked so she could go have fun.  

I did feel good for working so she could go to K-days.

I already went to K-days 3 days ago and had fun.  I didn’t have a job interview, doctor’s appointment or any plans, so I worked instead.

Jul. 29: Today she was at work and told me her kids really liked the farm experience at K days.  That’s nice.

Aug. 24: On Jul. 24, 2014, I went to K-days.  I know I’m writing about it a month later.  First I took the bus to City Centre mall and got a free coffee at A&W by using a coupon.  I took the bus to K-days and paid $16 admission to get in.  I was like: “In 2012, it was $14.”  I checked my records and I did write down how much money I spend all the time.  It was $14 in 2012.  I got there at 12:20pm.

The Farm Experience: I pet some horses, saw cows, sheep and chicks.

The Tech Life: It was pitch black in there.  I walked by this booth and this guy moves his hand over this plastic keyboard and it lights up like magic.

Alberta Sat: There was Alberta Sat from the University of Alberta.  It was their first cube satellite.  If you donate money to them, they can launch the satellite.


Back on the Bike Rehabilitation: It’s like riding a bicycle, and you can see your heart rate on the monitor.  You are riding into a path and there are trees on the side.  It’s all digital TV you’re watching.   

US First: I went and saw some teenagers making a robot.  A woman told me they are making a robot so that the robots can play basketball with a big yoga ball.  It was science and engineering so I wasn’t really interested.


Nu Energy: You can have your home be with solar energy.  I liked the demo house.  Hardwood floors and it was small, but cozy.


I walked a bit more and there was another house filled with cameras.  There was nice furniture and paintings.  It was like Big Brother.

Sports experience: I checked out the hockey stuff.  I’m not totally into sports.

Kid’s Town: This was all for little kids.  There was a recycling depot, medical centre (Children’s Stollery Hospital), public library (run by Edmonton Public Library), art gallery, postal office, music store, radio station, milk and cookies shack.

Food court: At the Northland’s food court are: Grab & Go, Ice cream Treats, Quizno’s Sub, Monster Burger, Pizza 73 ($5 a slice), Hole in the Wall Asian Fusion Kitchen.

I bought a plate of poutine for $6.50.

Shopping: Now here’s something I’m interested in.  There were lots of arts and paintings mixed with jewelry and clothing booths.

John H. Burrow: These are really nice paintings.  They’re acrylic and I like the home and garden paintings.


Holt Fine Art: It’s painting and framework.


Jonathan Havelock: Digital photography.  They’re mainly landscapes.  Impressive.


Re-Beauty: This is about a Recycled Art Silent Auction.  Artists make are with recycle products.


Kaytlyne: She makes art with popular characters like Harry Potter and Star Wars characters.  I’ve seen her work at the Farmer’s market in downtown before.


Jason Blower: His art is Edmonton landscape drawings.  I saw his work at Tix on Square.


Aug. 27 Ken Hoehn: He is a photographer who takes pictures of nature.


JoAnne Meeker: This is “western lifestyle photography” and most pictures look like it’s taken from the prairies.


Pixie Glass Works: “are designed to slowly diffuse essential oils, bathing you in subtle healing aromas wherever you go!         
The tiny open hole at the bottom of each one is pushed up to form an inverted funnel within the reservoir. This shape traps the oils using the same concept as a wasp trap.
Tip it! Shake it ! Turn it upside down! The oil won't come out... but the scent will!
It's pure physics...”

It’s nice designs to look at, and you can buy them on the website..


Scentsy: Debra Elliot was selling these candles that look and smell good.  The website looks good too.  If you like fruit and sweet smells, you’ll like this.


Moon necklace: They were selling these necklaces of how the moon looks like on the birth date you were born in, even though you were born over a decade ago.  I saw my moon, and it was like a sliver.  It costs $25.

If you want to buy one:

514-893-5337

Outdoor Rooms Without Walls: If you like home décor, you’ll like this.  It sells a lot of outdoor furniture.


Hemp Hollow: 

“HempHollow.com™ is owned and operated by Wilmar Farms Inc. 
We are a three generation family farming enterprise, located near Edmonton, Alberta Canada and are growers of the Hemp ( Cannabis Sativa L). We market Hemp Skin and Body Care products as well as Hemp Food; Hulled Hemp Seeds, Hemp Oil, Hemp Coffee, Toasted Hemp Seeds ...”


Edmonton New Technology Society: This is probably from the Tech Life section.  I took a business card:

“The Edmonton New Technology Society (ENTS) is a non-profit, member-driven society of technology enthusiasts, hobbyists and friends. ENTS offers its members a place to create, build, repair and otherwise work on projects. ENTS first opened its doors in August of 2009 and since then has grown to be a fully self-sustaining collective of like minded individuals who come together over common interests and goals.”


Shore 2 Shore: This is another business card I picked up from the Tech Life section.  It’s where you can put cameras and videos, home theatres, etc. in your home.


I saw and did a lot at K-days.  This is all the business cards I took because it’s what I saw there.  There will be another email/ blog post about K-Days.

Aug. 28: It must be the law of attraction, but I wrote about Scentsy.  Today I got invited by a MacEwan classmate that she’s going to start selling Scentsy.

No comments: