Sunday, December 14, 2014

Adam West/ Hero Races Into Burning Building to Save Stranger



Nov. 16 Adam West: I was reading in the Edmonton Journal on Nov. 14, 2014 about Batman TV actor Adam West.  It was about the 1960s TV show is going into high- resolution dvds.  I watched some of that TV show when I was a kid.  I didn’t really like it because I don’t like watching old TV shows and movies.  It seemed so dated.

When I read the article, I learned a lot about West.  He jokes around and has a light sense of humor.  Here are some excerpts:

“I’m a happy man about it, because I can make others happy. I know that sounds a little corny, but I get a great pleasure delivering the laughs,” West told Comic Riffs. “And when I go out and I do the Comic-Cons and these [other] shows and I see the reaction, the things that people say, and how they react, is just wonderful.

“But you have to do that on a business level as well, because, if you don’t stimulate or service your fans, your career maybe lasts 10 minutes,” continued West, who has better known to many younger viewers as mayor of Quahog on Seth McFarlane’s “Family Guy.”

So what does West think of the Batmen who have come after him?

“I can’t think about about it. I get too upset and jealous and envious. I can’t even sleep,” the deadpanning West said. “It’s just terrible that they’re getting all that money and I’m not.

“No, I’m kidding,” the actor continued with a laugh. “All of them really are very talented and fine actors in their own way, and they do their own thing.”

Robin the Boy Wonder has intentionally kept out of — or barely hinted at — in many recent Bat productions. West spoke highly, though, of his crime-fighting partner Burt Ward. “He’s a scene-stealer, I don’t like him,” West said, not able to resist another joke. “I love the theater of the absurd and Burt Ward – Robin — simply was a great additive to that. His enthusiasm, his athleticism and his innocence … in those days — I knew in five minutes after testing with him that this was the guy.”

West’s trip down Gotham’s memory lane ends with one question: Does he have a favorite Catwoman among Julie Newmar, Eartha Kitt and Lee Meriwether)?

“I do,” West chuckled. “But I can’t say, because it wouldn’t be honorable. Bruce Wayne would kill me. I had three Catwomen. I was so lucky. They all gave me curious stirrings in my utility belt.”


Breastfeeding Mom Graduation Photo Goes Viral: I found this on Yahoo:

“Jacci Sharkey juggled motherhood and schoolwork for most of her three-and-a-half years at the University of Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia.”  I couldn’t find the exact link in my “parking lot” email, but I posted another link to the story.  Here are some Yahoo comments:

Stephen Marks: Tit for tat, thats what this is, shes just giving her baby the breast up
bringing possible so lets not get into weather she cans or cannot do this and try and knock her down, there are enough boobs on here willing to pass judgement, including one from as far away as Nipal.  I just don't want to hear any hooters yelling profanitities at this girl, who obviously got an education while juggsaling motherhood and marriage and besides the little squirt looks content motorboating his mom and remember guys, if you can decide what to say more then a mouthfull is a waste!

Robb: Not to mention the dichotomy that  a SINGLE MALE parent faces each and every day

Herbert: I'm a normal every-day guy out there. When I saw this photo, the first thing I saw was a woman with loose clothing and a big breast hanging out and I looked straight in at it, then I noticed the baby and at the end, the cap and gown. I am sorry, there must be something wrong with me because that breast is the focus of this picture but not whether she graduated from university or looked after two or three babies while she did it. I saw a photo one time of a woman dressed as a Nurse, with her uniform set aside to show her leg (and more).

My opinion: I didn’t really like the photo, but I wasn’t really against it either.  She was breastfeeding her baby, and it wasn’t supposed to be sexual.  If she wore her graduation gown and was posing all sexy in it, then I might have a problem with it.


Dec. 8 Turkey prank: On Dec. 1, 2014, I found this on Yahoo:

“Take one Thanksgiving turkey, a Cornish hen and an evil genius of a mom and what do you get? An epic Thanksgiving prank. Nerissa was planning on pranking both of her daughters into believing the turkey planned for dinner was pregnant. Nerissa’s animal-loving daughter Raquel was so shocked when she discovered the Cornish hen inside the carcass of the turkey that she burst into surprised tears.  Raquel’s sister Nicole had discovered the Cornish hen in the fridge earlier in the day so was aware of the prank being pulled on her sister. Nicole cried tears of her own, but these were tears of uncontrollable laughter. Credit: YouTube/ Nerissa Hawkinson”


My opinion: I didn’t read the description, because I didn’t want to be spoiled.  I thought it would be something scary like a tarantula in the turkey.  Instead it was another hen in the turkey.  Raquel was crying, and you can hear the dog off screen howling too.  It was kind of funny.

Jeopardy story: I found this on Yahoo: “Is This The Worst Story Ever Told On 'Jeopardy'?”

Dan Tran, a PhD student living in Boston, was a contestant on Monday night's episode of "Jeopardy" and told a story that many are claiming is the worst story ever.” 

Here’s a Yahoo comment:

Carol: I thought it was funny, he confused the sun for the moon. What makes the story funnier is that he's smart guy. This story just showed another side of him and I thought it was sweet. Btw, he's cute!  When I was a teenager working at McDonald's, my co-worker/friend confused black smoke from a fire for a rain cloud. The rest of the sky is blue with white clouds and she thinks rain is going to come. I looked at her, she
looks at me and we both started laughing for a good 10 minutes (I'm smiling to myself as I'm typing this). :)It happens to the best of us.

My opinion: I thought the story was kind of eh.  It was mediocre and mildly funny.  It wasn’t the worst story ever.


Mike Tyson: On Sept. 24, 2014, “Mike Tyson rescues Vegas road crash victim”:

Injured rider Ryan Chesley thought he was hallucinating when he saw Tyson looming over him after he had been cut off by a taxi and his bike slid out from under him.

The former world heavyweight boxing champion was first on the scene at the accident last Tuesday (NZT last Wednesday) and was instructing people not to touch the injured man in case they inflicted further injuries, Chesley's lawyer Stephen Stubbs said.


Hero Races Into Burning Building to Save Stranger: I found this on Yahoo on Oct. 19, 2014.

“A mystery bystander raced into a burning building in Fresno California to save a man trapped inside. Beth Lederach captured the scene on camera as neighbours tried to fight the blaze with garden hoses before a man wearing a blue baseball cap raced into the house to carry a elderly man to safety. The Fresno Bee reported the fire started in the garage and police were dispatched at 8:14am on Saturday, October 18.This footage showed a small explosion before a man is carried away from the house on the shoulders of another man. Credit: Beth Lederach”


Dec. 14 Post Secret: Today I went to the website and found this: 

Email: Frank, Can you tell me what this secret says that’s on the front cover of your new book?

Email: It says, “You make me feel beautiful”.  Why do you ask?

Email:

Frank,
I think I sent that 6 years ago, this has made me smile! I sent that card in the early stages of dating, fast forward 6 years we’re now happily married with 2nd child on the way and he still makes me feel this way!! Does it have a camel on it?

 Email: A picture of a camel.

My opinion: Oh, that’s nice.

No comments: