Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I am looking forward to trying your recipe....

Dear Tracy,

I sent you an email a couple of weeks ago with a link to some special recipes, along with a request to submit your own kid-friendly recipe.

I have to admit, I’ve been enjoying reading the recipes coming in from our generous friends and supporters across Canada.

I haven’t noticed your recipe yet, which is why I’m sending you this brief reminder to submit your recipe and donation online!

I also wanted to remind you of some great news.  

Your gift has double the impact this year thanks to Quaker® Canada, Tostitos® Canada, and parent company PepsiCo Canada.

They will MATCH every donation made to this campaign up to a maximum of $25,000. That means your gift today will go TWICE as far.

Each month the equivalent of 6200 full school buses of children are supported by food banks across Canada, that’s 310,000 kids.

With your holiday gift, you are investing in programs designed to get kids interested in cooking and healthy eating… like The Curious Chefs: Cooking Club for Kids, delivered by Agape Centre in Cornwall.  Those recipes I shared with you are just two of the many recipes children learn to make each and every week.

I encourage you to test them out with a special child in your life. But first, will you share your own special kid-friendly recipe right now?

Watching the mail in anticipation,
Debbie O'Bray Signature.JPG
Debbie O'Bray 
Volunteer, Food Banks Canada Board of Directors and Supporter
P.S. Did you know that today is Giving Tuesday!  Spread the news about our online recipe book at www.foodbankscanada.ca/holidayrecipes

No comments: