Monday, August 10, 2015

Zoo TV show pilot review/ fall TV shows

Jul. 26 Zoo TV show pilot review: This show came out a few weeks ago.   It's based on the novel of the same name by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge.  On imdb.com:

 
"A young scientist searches to find out what's causing a rash of violent animal attacks." 

 
The promo seems interesting, so I decided to watch it.  The pilot is called "First Blood."  It's set in Botswana.  A dog is running and there is a voiceover: "We've domesticated animals and killed them for sport.  What if they bite back?"

 
Cut to a safari camp.  A big dark-skinned black guy Abraham (Nonso Anozie) is there.  (I instantly recognized him as Dracula's assistant on the 2013 TV show Dracula.)  He goes up to his friend Jackson (James Wolk) in a hammock.

 
A young black guy Daniel is watching a video of Jackson's dad Robert Oz (Ken Olin) talk about animals.
Daniel: What does your father mean?
Jackson: Gibberish.

 
There are beautiful safari shots of elephants and giraffes.  Jackson gives tour to tourists.  There are these poachers going to kill a rhino.  Jackson plays loud music on a stereo with lyrics: "Get on up!"  The rhino runs.  lol. 

 
An Asian man poacher: Hey, I had a $2000 license to shoot that rhino.  It's legal.
Jackson: Doesn't mean it's legal, makes it right.
Their friends back them off.

 
Los Angeles: There are 2 guys in an alley at night and they killed by lions.

 
Roll the credits.

 
A pair of lions had escaped the zoo and killed 3 people.  The news reporter said the lions killed the trainer though he raised them when they were cubs.  Until 8 months ago, the zoo was fed from meat from the company Reidan Global.

 
The journalist Jamie (Kristen Connolly) is confronted by the news editor (played by Tamara Tunie from Law and Order: SVU).  She found the blog "The Girl with a Genie Tattoo" and in the blog it used the exact same specific word petrography in her article and blog.  She asks about the tattoo.

 
Botswana.  Abe flies the plane with Jackson riding.  They talk about how animals don't kill themselves.  They arrive at the hotel of huts.  It's abandoned.  There's a camera on the floor and video footage of the guests running and screaming.  Abe finds lion dung.

 
Jamie had a genie tattoo on the back of her shoulder.  The co-worker Ethan talk about her blog.

 
Jamie visits the Zoo Manager who is having a barbecue at his home.  There are missing cat posters in the neighborhood.

 
Zoo manager: The suppliers changed, Reidan Global is cheaper.  How about you look into the cats missing in this neighborhood?

 
Abe and Jackson see an abandoned vehicle and they get their guns.  Abe enters.  There is tall grass everywhere.  A blonde woman Chloe (Nora Zrnezeder) is yelling at him.

 
A male lion enters the van and Jack shoots at it.

 
Jackson and Chloe run to the car and lions attack the car.

 
Chloe: I'm Chloe.  There were 15 of us.  A lion jumps out of a tree, and then another, then another.  Simon tried to shoot at it, but they got to him.

 
City of Angels Zoo.  Jamie goes to Mitch Morgan (Billy Burke) who is a veterinarian pathologist.  They look at the 2 dead lions.

 
Mitch: Healthy, well- fed.  They were raised in cages, so they're victims.
Jamie: They changed the food to D-grade meat.
Mitch: Reidan Global.
Jamie: There have been 9 lion attacks in 141 years.  350 zoos in USA.  Something cause this.

 
Botswana. 

 
Chloe: This is my honeymoon.  Well, 5 weeks before we were to get married, I caught him cheating. 
The car stops and smoke coming from hood.  They are forced to walk.  6 miles to get to a camp radio.

 
Jackson: Lions recently fed, they won't feed.
Chloe doesn't believe him.
Jackson:  There were 5 male lions.  Most prides are of women, cubs, 1 male and maybe 2 males.  We have to leave before night falls.

 
They walk by a cliff and a lion roars.  They fall down cliff as lions chase them.

 
They get to the camps.

 
Jack: My dad was a scientist.  His thesis was on animals and their "defiant pupil" that proves his theory was correct.  I saw the lions left eye and saw the defiant pupil.

 
LA.

 
Jamie clears out her cubicle.  Ethan tells her that Brenda will hire back on conditionally. 

 
Jamie: Until she checks my website.
Ethan offers to go on vacation with her.
Jamie: I don't need a vacation, I need a rest.

 
Mitch texts her: "I found the cats."

 
Cut to the neighborhood.  Mitch and Jamie meet up.

 
Botswana.  Jackson is arrested for "interference of lawful hunt."  The poacher is there.

 
There is a voice over: "The ability to think, imagine, that separates us from animals.  Will animals take over the ship and throw the captain off the ship?"

 
LA.  Cut to all the housecats on the tree.  A day camp starts nearby tomorrow.

 
Cut to Abe's body dragged to a tree by a lion.  Abe is alive. 

 
My opinion: I thought the pilot was average.  I saw a few more episodes and I still find the show average.

 
I'm going to keep watching it because I want my questions answered:

 
1. Why are the animals attacking humans?
2. How do they stop it?

 
Jul. 30 Lion hunters scandal: Here's some news about a man who did have a license to kill a lion.  He got a lot of flack on social media:  

 

 
Aug. 5 Fall TV shows: I'm excited for fall TV shows.

 
Limitless: This is the TV version based on the 2011 movie.  I never saw the movie.  The TV show has Bradley Cooper (from the movie), Jennifer Carpenter (from the TV show Dexter) and Jake McDorman (I remember him from the old TV show Greek about college.)

 
On imdb.com: A man gains the ability to use the full extent of his brain's capabilities. A television adaptation of the 2011 film, 'Limitless'.

 

 
Minority Report: This is another TV show based on a movie.  I never saw the movie.  It stars Wilmer Valderrama (Fez from That 70s Show).  This looks good, so I will check it out.

 
"Ten years after the end of Precrime in Washington D.C., one of the three Pre-Cogs struggles to lead a normal life, but remains haunted by visions of the future."

 

 
Supergirl: I would like to check out the pilot.  I see that Dean Cain (Superman from Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman) is one episode here. 

 
If it turns out to be too much like Smallville, I will end it after the pilot.  I saw the Arrow and Gotham pilots and it was good and not like Smallville.  However, I saw The Tomorrow People and The Flash pilots, and they were like Smallville, so I stopped watching it after the pilot.  

 
On imdb:

 
"The adventures of Superman's cousin in her own superhero career."

 

 
Heroes Reborn: I saw the first series Heroes when it came out from 2006-2009.  They brought back a few people from the original  series.  They even brought back the child actor Noah Gray-Cabey who played Micah from the first series.  Now he is all grown up.

 

 

 
Aug. 6 Quantico: Now this is the TV show I'm most excited about and will definitely watch.  One of my favorite actors Jake McLaughlin is in it.  He was the lead in the TV show Believe in 2014.  Here's a promo pic of him for the show:

 

 
"A look at the lives of young FBI recruits training at the Quantico base in Virginia."

 

 
Blindspot: I just saw the promo for it today.  It looks like it has lots of action in it.  I looked up the lead actress Jaimie Alexander, and she played Jessi on Kyle XY.  I liked Kyle XY and saw the first 2 seasons when I had the channel.

 
"A Jane Doe is found in Times Square with no memory and mysterious tattoos on her body."

 

 
Aug. 7 Blood and Oil: I just found out about this show yesterday when I saw the promo.  What stood out to me was that Chace Crawford (Nate from Gossip Girl) is in it.  It doesn't really seem interesting to me.

 
"A couple looks to cash in on the modern-day oil boom in North Dakota."

 

 
Prison Break: I heard about this show coming back.  I found this article that it will come back in 2016 with 10 episodes.  I really like that show and watched all 4 seasons.

 

No comments: