Thursday, November 19, 2015

You can help free my daughter. Sign up for Write for Rights.

You can help free
my daughter. Sign up
for Write for Rights.
 
                        
Dear Tracy,

It is agony to see your child suffer. I know - my daughter Phyoe Phyoe Aung was beaten by police and arrested for leading a student protest in Myanmar, also known as Burma. She is now in prison and Amnesty International has declared her a prisoner of conscience.

I was a prisoner of conscience, too. Thankfully, I am now free. I want the same for my daughter. That is why I'm reaching out to you, to urge you to sign up for Write for Rights - the biggest human rights letter writing campaign of the year. My daughter is one of the 12 cases highlighted in this year's campaign.

For my daughter, and for all the other prisoners of conscience:

Please join this important and urgent campaign for human rights.

It is hard for me to express how grateful I am for human rights activists like you. When my voice was silenced, people like you spoke up for prisoners of conscience in Myanmar, and today many of us are free.

Last year, over 3 million actions were taken by people like you during Write for Rights. You helped free people like Moses Akatugba, who was sentenced to death in Nigeria.

You must know that the letters you write make a difference. I am hoping they make a difference for my daughter.

She needs you, and so do the others.

Join the Write for Rights campaign.

Your hand-written letters, combined with others from around the world, can change the lives of this year's 12 cases.

Thank you again for standing up for human rights.
Parents of Phyoe Phyoe AungWith deep gratitude,
Ne Win
Former Prisonor of Conscience
Proud father of student activist Phyoe Phyoe Aung

No comments: